4FRONT has had a long and productive relationship with the UIC Flames, who requested a brand renewal strategy to reintroduce the athletics department under the leadership of a new athletic director and men’s basketball head coach, all while tying the athletic department closer to the university and the city of Chicago.
- 4FRONT conducted stakeholder interviews with multiple groups, including alumni, students, student-athletes, coaches, staff, and external partners.
- Guided questions allowed 4FRONT to learn more about their views of the existing brand and hear their thoughts on where they would like to see it in the future.
- Historical research was carried out to find common themes among the athletics department, university, and city that could be carried out throughout the brand.
- Extensive design work took place to encapsulate the themes into visual elements, including colors, logos, icons, marks, typography, and applications.
A full brand guide document, along with multiple visual elements, was delivered to UIC, which adopted them as their athletic department guidelines moving forward.
“I appreciate so much the contributions of our students, staff, alumni, and other stakeholders who invested their time and energy in this initiative. The results fully reflect the pride the Flames Family has for UIC and for Chicago. Special thanks to Dan, Kyle, and the 4FRONT team for their great work.”
– Michael Lipitz, UIC Athletic Director